Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week One: Day One


After a long, hard, stressful day, I finally got off work and made it home. Of course, I was so pooped that I had to lay down about thirty minutes; however, I got up around 7:00 p.m. and cleaned out my cabinets! Surprisingly, the junk food was limited but most things were expired. That tells you how often I cook at home.

After cleaning out my cabinets, I made a grocery run and bought plenty of fruits and vegetables. No junk food was purchased, but I did buy some ham hocks for the pinto beans and fresh turnip greens. I'm not going to follow any diet, but make healthier choices through a balanced diet.

I will be taking my lunch and supper meals to work most of the day. That's the best way to do it, so I can be in control of how much sodium and fat is added to the food. Anyway...that's all I got tonight. Off to bed.

Brently

P.S. I should have my beginning stats up (if I get up the courage to post them) by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Brent, sounds like you have a great plan. If you want to feel better I have my starting stats on my Anonymous blog about my weight loss. I haven't told very many people about it so please don't mention to any of our mutual friends. Here you go. We can do this together.
    http://fatgirlontheoutside.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow Brent_McBay on Twitter